Visa for medical treatment
Please submit your application for a Schengen Visa to the representative of the country which is your main destination - considering length and purpose of your intended stay. If no such main destination can be ascertained, please contact the representative of the country of your first entry into the Schengen Area.
The application form for a Schengen Visa and a list of requirements for medical treatment visa can be found as download files below.
The processing time for a visa application takes 15 working days. You are advised to apply accordingly in order to ensure a timely processing of the application. Applications can be submitted a maximum of three months before the travel date.
Please note that all applicants have to apply in person and only complete applications can be accepted.
If its confirmed that the medical treatment and recovery will take more than 90 days, applicants have to apply for a long stay visa.
INFORMATION FOR THE APPLICANT
- Visa extensions within Germany are generally not possible.
- Applicants may not apply for permanent residence in Germany while on this visa.
- In case of a one-year or multiple year visa being issued, the period of stay in a Schengen must not exceed 90 days per half a year, this period of stay beginning with the first day of entry into the Schengen state.
- The German Embassy reserves the right to ask for further supporting documents / information.
- False or falsified documents will lead to refusal of visa and/ or further consequences.
Upon receiving the visa: Please check visa data for possible mistakes as soon as you receive your passport. Pay particular attention to the visa’s validity (start and end dates) with regards to the total duration of your planned stay. Also check the correct spelling of your name, as well as the number of entries you were granted. The visa section must be informed of possible mistakes immediately and cannot be held responsible for any problems that occur as a result of incorrect data or a missing signature in the travel document.